Please acknowledge sponsors, copyright holders and authors if you use their work. Materials on this website are made available for educational purposes. You cannot sell any of these materials or use them for any other commercial purpose unless otherwise indicated.
All materials on this website have been posted with the permission of copyright holders and/or when allowed under legislation: See also Sec. 105. Subject Matter of Copyright: United States Government Works of the United States Code.
The effect of section 105 is intended to place all works of the United States Government, published or unpublished, in the public domain. This means that the individual Government official or employee who wrote the work could not secure copyright in it or restrain its dissemination by the Government or anyone else, but it also means that, as far as the copyright law is concerned, the Government could not restrain the employee or official from disseminating the work if he or she chooses to do so. The use of the term “work of the United States Government” does not mean that a work falling within the definition of that term is the property of the U.S. Government.
Unless indicated otherwise, materials developed without the sponsorship of an international development organization and/or publisher and that are available on this website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. This means that you are free to share — to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). In plain English, please acknowledge the source of publications.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work other than what is common when you write articles, etc and make references to the work.
- The hiking book and GPS and Google Earth files are not covered by this license. We retain full copyrights.
- The hiking videos are covered by CC BY-SA.
Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Please contact us immediately if you think we violate your copyrights.